Warehouse and Inventory#
Make copies of shipping notes#
By using standard app functionality, you can specify a set number of invoice copies that are printed when you post an invoice sent to a customer.
A new feature lets you do the same for shipping notes so that, for example, as a wholesaler, you can respond to forwarders’ requests for a certain number of copies that they need to supply to international clients.
Each copy is printed automatically when a shipping note is posted. To specify the number of copies:
- Choose the Search icon, enter Customers, and then choose the related link.
- Open a customer card.
- On the General FastTab, fill in the No. of Shpt. Copies field.
Show quantities in item statistics#
The statistics page you can open from item cards in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central provides multiple ways in which to list currency amounts for a specific item. None of these views, however, contain item-related quantities. Therefore, a Quantity option has been added to the page.
To see quantities in statistics:
- Choose the Search icon, enter Items, and then choose the related link.
- Open an item card.
- Choose Related > Statistics > Item Statistics.
- Select Quantity in the Show as Lines field and fill in the other fields as necessary.
- Choose Show Matrix on the ribbon.
You can then see the following quantity totals for each item ledger entry type:
- Positive Adjmt. (Qty.)
- Purchases (Qty.)
- Output (Qty.)
- Assembly Output (Qty.)
- Quantity Increase
- Sales (Qty.)
- Consumption (Qty.)
- Assembly Consumption (Qty.)
- Quantity Decrease
- Transfer (Qty.)
All quantities except those related to item ledger entries of the Transfer type are shown as positive values. You can drill down on a field to see all the item ledger entries totaled for a certain type.
Identify receipts by supplier#
When retrieving source document lines for warehouse receipts, you can now see the external reference numbers stored on the document lines in addition to item numbers. This way, you can filter for a supplier’s item reference when creating documents for warehouse receipts.
Manage negative inventory by location#
By using standard system functionality, you can prevent negative inventory at every location of your company. However, some locations might need to make use of the option of posting into the negative.
A field has been added to the location card so that you can decide individually for each location how posting negative adjustments should be handled.
- Choose the Search icon, enter Locations, and then choose the related link.
- Select a location card.
- On the General FastTab, fill in the Prevent Negative Inventory field.
If you didn’t turn on the Prevent Negative Inventory toggle in Inventory Setup, the field on location cards shows the following options:
- Default (No)
However, if you turned on the toggle in Inventory Setup, the options are:
- Default (Yes)
In other words, the default setting at a location depends on whether you’ve turned the toggle in Inventory Setup on or off.
What default option is set in item masters, that is, a Default (Yes) or a Default (No), always depends on whether you turned on the Prevent Negative Inventory toggle in Inventory Setup.
When you’re trying to post a negative adjustment, the system goes through the following sequence to decide whether to perform or prevent the posting:
- What option is set on the item card?
- What option is set for the location?
- Has the toggle been turned on in Inventory Setup?
Supply certificates of conformity#
You can now also store conformance certificates for lots and provide them to customers if necessary.
Extended Manufacturing Setup#
To be able to use this feature, you need to specify a number series for certificates. To set up a series:
- Choose the Search icon, enter Extended Manufacturing Setup, and then choose the related link.
- On the General FastTab, select a series in the Conformance Certificate Nos. field. Alternatively, to create a new series, select the button next to the field and then choose New.
Manage a certificate#
To manage certificates:
- Choose the Search icon, enter Conformance Certificate List, and then choose the related link.
- On the ribbon, choose New to create a certificate or choose Manage > View or Edit after selecting an existing one.
- If you choose New, the No. field will be filled in with a number from the series that you set up for this purpose. You can also assign a number manually.
- Optionally, fill in the Description and Certificate No. fields based on what you see written on the certificate. The other fields on the General FastTab will be filled in by the system after you’ve run the Import function.
- Choose Import on the ribbon to select the file that contains the certificate.
You can then choose Get Lots from Purch. Receipts, Get Lots from Lot No. Info, or Get Lots from ILEs on the ribbon to assign the certificate to a lot.
The other actions available on the ribbon are described in the following table.
|Export||Saves the image file displayed on the header.|
|Open||Shows the image file displayed on the header.|
|Delete||Deletes the image file displayed on the header.|
Lot No. Information card#
This card shows in the Conformance Certificate No. field the number of a certificate of conformity. You can use the Assist button next to the field to open the card of the certificate itself.
Post transfers automatically#
Another new feature is that you can have the receipt of transfer orders posted at the same time as their shipment. This can be useful, for example, when you have no staff member who could confirm receipt at the destination.
You can use standard or KUMAVISION functionality for direct transfer orders, the difference being that when you choose the default option, you cannot ship or receive only part of an order.
With the KUMAVISION option, on the other hand, the system also posts partial receipts and shipments. To set up the feature:
- Choose the Search icon, enter Inventory Setup, and then choose the related link.
- On the Numbering FastTab, in the Direct Transfer Setup field, select the option you want to use (Microsoft Direct Transfer or KUMAVISION base Direct Transfer).
- In the Direct Transfer Posting field, select Direct Transfer for standard functionality. For the KUMAVISION base extension, select Receipt and Shipment.
However, for the KUMAVISION base function to work, you must also turn on the feature for a location:
- Open a location card.
- On the General FastTab, turn on the Auto Post Transfers toggle.
The toggle is then set automatically on transfer orders to which this location is assigned.
Get source document lines#
In Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, you can use the Get Source Documents function to retrieve source data for the following inventory and warehouse documents:
- Inventory Put-Away
- Inventory Pick
- Whse. Receipt
- Whse. Ship
All lines that still need to be received or shipped are then copied there. Lines that aren’t required must be deleted manually. The new Get Source Document Lines function extends standard functionality to include filter options for the lines of source documents. Grouped by type of document, the lines can then be filtered, for example, by item numbers so that only part of a document is retrieved.