Check VAT statement for completion#
VAT declarations come in many forms. To ensure that the entries posted and the product and business posting groups specified for value-added taxes are shown on statements on a consistent and constant basis, accounting staff can use a report to create and reconcile these documents. To open the report:
- Choose the Search icon, enter Check VAT Statement for Completion, and then choose the link.
- Fill in the fields as necessary.
Limit G/L account use#
You can specify on a G/L account card whether you want to limit the use of a certain account to the purchasing, sales, or service area.
- Choose the Search icon, enter Chart of Accounts, and then choose the link.
- Select an account and open it.
- On the General FastTab, turn the Direct Sale, Direct Purchase, or Direct Service toggle on or off.
Turning on one of these toggles will make the account available in the chosen area; attempts to include a G/L account on a document that was created in an area for which the toggle wasn’t turned on will prompt an error message.